- Abstract submission opens: 7 October 2016
- Abstract submission closes: 19 January 2017
- Abstract notification: w/c 27 February 2017
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
The internet abstract submission system works best with Mozilla Firefox:
- Cookies needs to be enabled
- All pop-up blockers should be turned off
- Submitting author: person who physically submits the abstract
- Presenting author: person who will physically present the abstract at the conference and who is marked as the presenter in the program
- First author: First author cited who scientifically endorses the abstract and is therefore responsible for its content
- Copy text: Hold CTRL on the left hand side of your keyboard and press C
- Paste text: Hold CTRL on the left hand side of your keyboard and press V
- Cut text: Hold CTRL on the left hand side of your keyboard and press X. Alternatively you can highlight the text you wish to cut with your mouse and press the delete button or backspace button on your keyboard
Failure to observe these guidelines may result in disqualification.
1. Click on the ‘’ABSTRACTS’’ section of this website and follow instructions as given. Please note that you will be asked to register yourself if you have not used the system before. Once registered you will be sent confirmation of your username and password, which you can subsequently use to log in and modify / submit any new abstracts.
2. The correct topic must be selected to ensure correct scoring. The content of the abstract must be topic related.
3. Abstracts must contain data and meet international ethical standards.
4. Abbreviations should be defined.
5. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
6. An abstract cannot be accepted if the conflict of interest disclosure has not been ticked on the submission form. If the research or one of the co-authors has a conflict of interest, this must be clearly stated.
7. The abstract cannot contain more than 3000 characters.
8. The abstract must be structured into the following sections:
9. One table can be included and the restrictions are as follows:
- Maximum of 1 table
- Minimum of 1 column per table
- Maximum of 5 columns per table
- Minimum of 1 row per table
- Maximum of 5 rows per table
- Total number of cells (columns and rows) cannot exceed 25
Please note that tables may significantly reduce the number of available characters.
10. An image can be uploaded. The specifications are as follows:
- JPG, GIF or PNG are accepted files
- Width: 50 pixels minimum and 750 pixels maximum
- Height: 50 pixels minimum and 750 pixels maximum
- Size: 15 KB minimum and 750 KB maximum
- Resolution: 90 dpi minimum and 750 dpi maximum
11. If you have successfully submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation number. If no confirmation number is received, the abstract cannot be considered as successfully submitted and accepted.
12. Submitted abstracts can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline. Therefore, the author submitting the abstract will be required to provide his/her e-mail address as the login and a preferred password during the submission. To save the abstract, all required fields (marked with a red *) must be filled in. If you leave the system without having provisionally submitted the abstract, all data is lost. The submitted abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline.
13. Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections are possible after the submission deadline. The abstract will be reproduced exactly as submitted to be included in the Conference USB. No proofreading will be done.
14. If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to: UKKW2017abs@mci-group.com, no later than 14 April 2017.
AFTER THE SUBMISSION
1. The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the relevance to UK Kidney Week 2017 conference, standard of English, objectivity of statements, description of what was done, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions confirmed by objective results, ethics, scientific value, potential clinical value, originality of work and overall impression.
2. The submitting authors will be notified by the end of February 2017, at the email address provided during submission, whether their abstract has been accepted. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that emails from UK Kidney Week can reach them. They will be informed at the same time about the date, time and form of their presentation.
All abstracts accepted for presentation (oral or poster) will be published in the Conference USB.
PRESENTATION OF ABSTRACTS
1. Abstracts can be accepted either as a poster or oral presentation.
2. If your abstract is accepted as a poster you will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding moderated poster viewing session. Please use letters large enough to be read from a distance of 1.5 meters (4.9 feet).
3. Oral presentations will be advised of presentation date and length of presentation once abstract has been accepted.
4. Full presentation guidelines will be included in the acceptance letter and posted on the conference website.
If you experience any kind of problems in submitting abstracts or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact UK Kidney Week Abstract Team:
Phone: +44 (0) 1730 821969
Please note: Working hours are 09:00 - 17:00 (UK time) Monday - Friday